One of our customers asked for a database duplicate on a new instance/database in order to resolve an issue related to data loss.
The primary database is in archivelog mode, "flashback off" set to ON and there is a standby database.
Also, primary instance is Oracle RAC one Node
Main things to do:
- Clone primary database Oracle Home and attach it on the destination host
- Create new instance for temporary purpose on the new Cluster host (destination)
- Prepare all parameters in pfile or spfile
- Create script for duplicate from primary, with special logseq/SCN/date-time
This year 2017 we consider to apply PSU patch on EBS database in order to apply latest CPU security fixes and latest PSU which include all bug fixes.
EBS database are not the same as other Oracle Database due to a lot of fixes which are mainly created for EBS Application and each time when the patching is considered, process is very complex due to a lot of patch conflicts and in the most cases you should contact Oracle Support for merge patches ( described below ).
What we are going to do today:
----- Preparation steps:
- Extract Oracle database inventory
- Oracle Support - Analyze for conflicts with 188.8.131.52.161018 (24006111)
- Download all merge patches
----- Implementation steps
- Check for conflicts
- Rollback all existing patches with conflicts
- Apply PSU and all merge patches ( this will apply all patches from the rollback face )